Golden Brands GW 464 is a natural soy wax containing a soy based additive to reduce frosting and increase fragrance load. GW 464 is designed for use in container candles and blends well with other waxes, such as paraffin, slack, and microcrystalline wax. It is not recommended to blend GW 464 with beeswax. The lower melt point of this wax enables it to have improved jar adhesion and helps prevent wet spots. A heat gun may be necessary to smooth out tops on finished candles.
Produced from US Grown Soybeans!
Candle Making Notes:
Golden Brand's soy waxes are a little newer than those from Cargill and Nature's Gifts, but they've become very popular with candlemakers worldwide - especially the 464.
It gives a smooth and creamy appearance - mostly due to its low melt point. While this helps create a nice look and helps to reduce frosting, it can be a little too soft for the summer heat. If you are shipping finished candles in hot weather, you may want to look at a soy wax with a higher melt point, like the GB 444.
Golden Brands 464 holds lots of fragrance an tends to throw fragrance very well.
- Melt point: 115° to 120°
- Heat wax to around 185°
- Add dye if desired and mix thoroughly
- Add candle fragrance if desired and mix thoroughly
- Pouring temperatures should typically be around 130° to 145°, though experimentation is recommended to determine optimal pouring temperature
- Allow candles to cool as slow as possible to achieve good jar adhesion and create a smooth finish
- Wait at least 24 hours before burning
- Wick testing is recommended to achieve optimal burning characteristics and will vary with different combinations of wax, fragrance, dye, and container size
Advantages of using GW 464:
- Typically requires only a single pour
- Contains a soy based additive allowing for to reduce frosting and improved scent throw
- High fragrance load - 8% to 10% fragrance loads are possible
- Smooth and creamy look
Note: Wax is packaged in flake form
|Wax Type||Natural Soy Wax Flakes|
|Melt Point||113-119° F|
|Pour Temp||135° F (+/- 5°)|
|Max Fragrance||10% or 1.6 oz. /lb.|
|Prop 65 Warning Required||No|
Yes great wax
Great wax. Thanks for making pick up easy.
Great wax will be ordering more
I love working with the 464 soy wax , my candle looks so elegant and is a nice wax to work with 😊🕯